DDEC Reports is a fleet management application that includes support for Detroit engine controllers: DDEC 3-5 ECU, VCU, CPC2, CPC02T, CPC04T, CPC302T, and CPC501T. DDEC Reports provides useful data reports including:
- Trip Data
- Fuel Economy Analysis
- Activity Reports/Monthly Reports
- Accumulation of Idle Time
- Vehicle Speed/RPM Report
- Diagnostic Records
- Daily Engine Usage
- Windows 7, Windows 8, 8.1, Windows 10 (32 & 64 bit)
- 2.0 GHz Dual Core Processor or faster
- 2.0 GB RAM or more
- 40 GB Hard drive with 20 Gigabyte free
- Monitor and graphics card supporting 1366x768 resolution
- 1 free USB
- Administrative Rights (for installation only)
- Vehicle interface device (e.g. Nexiq USB-Link2)
When installing DDEC Reports, full administrator access is required. Attempting to install the application as an administrator under a non-administrator account will likely result in installation errors.
Silent Install build:
The internal battery is only used for the clock, NOT DATA. If un-switched power is cut to the ECM and the internal battery is no longer working properly, a date/time stamp cannot be written to the ECM. Clock drift will occur no matter what.
DDEC III ECMs are not equipped with backup clock batteries so if you pull power, the accumulation of time will discontinue until power is restored.
Controllers keep track of date and time based on GMT. Configuration page shows Fleet Time Zone as (-5h) or (EST)
If power is cut or interrupted during the data-writing sequence, more than likely data will be lost.
With switch power (ignition switch), data can still be written to an ECM even if the internal battery is dead or removed. There are fault codes for RTC (real time clock) battery high and low conditions and these would most likely be shown in DDDL - not DDEC Reports.
DDEC Reports Help
The message may indicate that data pages are disabled on the vehilce. If the CPC fleet management data page parameter is disabled, the trip data will not be collected.
"The data page on vehicle is disabled. We cannot extract from this device. Please disconnect this device."
To verify or enable data pages, connect to the vehilce with DiagnosticLink and follow steps below:
- Click the Parameters panel on the left.
- Once parameters have been successfully read from the device, click on the Fleet Management tab on the top of the page.
- Enable Fleet Management by changing the Fleet Management parameter values from -0- to 1.
- Click Send to apply the value changes
The error response below may be realted to a User Group restriction.
"An error occurred while applying security settings. Users is not a valid user or group".
Try creating two Groups, Administrators and Users (In English) and assign your user account in both. Once created, try installing the application. If required, contact your local computer administrator for assistance.
"Failed to Open - The file contains the data which comes from an unsupported page definition version".
The error response may indicate an unsupported CPC software version. To resolve, update to a later DDEC Reports version.
"Open log file error:C\ProgramData\Detroit Diesel\DDEC Reports\Communication\Log Files...>Access to the path is denied."
The error response may indicate no access to the required file or folder. To resolve, check the following:
- Verify that Windows Defender is not blocking access.
- Install DDEC Reports with administrative rights.